Cyclotron Road supports technical leaders who are committed to driving breakthrough energy technology from scientific concept to manufactured product.
To be eligible for support as a cohort member:
- You must
- possess at least 5 years of hard technology R&D experience
- have not previously served as the founder of a hard tech company
- be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Your project or company must
- be focused on an advanced materials or manufacturing related energy technology
- have the potential for broad impact that aligns with DOE's mission to advance the national, economic, and energy security of the United States
- have not yet received more than $2M from non-governmental sources. We have a strong preference for efforts that have raised less than $500k in private-sector funding to date.
If an effort has two technical leads (i.e. technical co-founders), both individuals may apply in a single application so long as they are considered full founders with decision-making authority.
Applicants are not required to have an incorporated entity in order to apply; however, selected participants will have to incorporate an organization for their effort in order to receive support from the program.
Don't meet these criteria? We still want to hear from you. Please register and summarize your eligibility preclusion in the text field. We'll keep you posted as we work to create other opportunities to support you.