join our dynamic community of innovators
At Cyclotron Road, we believe people are the drivers of innovation. Whether you get involved through our Cohort program, Applied Research fellowship, or simply attend an event, you’ll be part of a dynamic community of scientists, engineers, technologists, and entrepreneurs who are all committed to creating positive impact with hard tech innovation.
Want to learn more about our program? Sign up for an informational webinar below.
Supported by the DOE EERE Advanced Manufacturing Office, our Cohort Program is a two year fellowship that supports hard science innovators developing energy technologies that have potential for broad impact on the national, economic, and energy security of the United States. Cohort innovators spend two years embedded at Berkeley Lab with an explicit mandate to bring their ideas to the point of commercial viability.
Our Cohort Program offers:
- A two year fellowship, including a cash stipend, health insurance, and travel funds
- Access to world-class research facilities and expertise at Berkeley Lab, along with $100k of project funds
- Training, mentorship, and networking from our program team and network of advisors
Applications for our Cohort Program are currently closed. We expect to open applications for Cohort Four around October 1st, 2017.
Applied Research Fellowship
The Cyclotron Road Applied Research Fellowship Program provides a mentored opportunity for pre-doctoral scientists and engineers to apply their education in support of a commercially oriented R&D project. Through participation in this program, participants will:
- Work directly on a mentored R&D project with one of our third cohort of companies.
- Apply their scientific and engineering expertise to help solve critical technical development challenges identified by Cyclotron Road projects.
- Gain deep insight into applied R&D and technology commercialization through educational programming and hands-on experience.
- Help develop innovative technologies that have the potential to positively impact the US economy, environment, and society.
Find us at an upcoming event
Our program will be represented at the events below. Come say "hello" - We'd love to meet you!
"Open House" happy hour August 24th, Daily Pint, Berkeley, CA
All are welcome to join us for our Open House happy hour, which will run from 5:30pm - 7:00pm.
VERGE September 19th – 21st, Santa Clara, CA (Apply by July 7th)
VERGE is seeking early-stage companies and entrepreneurs addressing market opportunities in these areas to feature in VERGE Accelerate — a fast-pitch competition that takes place in front of an audience of 2,000 business leaders, government officials and investors at VERGE 17 (Sept. 19-21 in Santa Clara). Applications will be accepted through July 7. Learn more and apply today: http://grn.bz/q5R
Learn more at an informational webinar
Join a webinar to learn more about Cyclotron Road, meet other interested applicants, and ask questions to the program team. Each webinar is limited to 50 participants. Upcoming webinar dates:
- Wednesday, June 14th at 1:00pm PST
- Wednesday, July 19th at 1:00pm PST
- Wednesday, August 16th at 1:00pm PST